Bjorn Weckstrom "Salamander" Bracelet
Salamander by Bjorn Weckstrom for Lapponia Jewelry, 1974
An elegant play on linking negative space to the curving silver form of this bracelet. Weckstrom uses translucent acrylic swirled with color to connect the wearer to his piece. This light and open form has a sleek and slinky quality true to the name Salamander.
Sculptor and jeweler Bjorn Weckstrom is one of the founders of the renowned Finnish jewelry house Lapponia. Weckstrom’s work is incredibly influential and collectable.
“Jewelry wearers’ were, at first, very suspicious of using acrylic jewelry. It all changed one day, when Yoko Ono wore a silver and acrylic ring designed by me. The ring was bought for her by John Lennon.” – Bjorn Weckstrom.
Sterling silver and acrylic, very good condition, Lapponia and Bjorn Weckstrom hallmarks, 2.75" x 2.75".
- Bjorn Weckstrom "Bethlehem Steel" Flame Bronze Necklace$890.00
- Bjorn Weckstrom "Starfighter" Flame Bronze Necklace$860.00
- Crystal Pendant by Jorma Laine$780.00
- Jorma Laine Architectural Bronze Necklace$175.00
- Jorma Laine Modernist Bronze Pendant$310.00
- Jorma Laine Oversized "Machine" Necklace$254.00
- Pentti Sarpaneva Bronze "Tree" Pendant$176.00
- Pentti Sarpaneva Gilt Bronze Necklace$156.00
- Pentti Sarpaneva Huge Kinetic Pendant$296.00
- Pentti Sarpaneva Kinetic Bronze Pendant$210.00
- Salovaara Topaz Pendant$245.00
- Studio Else & Paul Sterling Pendant$360.00