Poul Havgaard Silver Ring
Poul Havgaard for Lapponia Jewelry, 1970’s
This gorgeous ring is both space age and earthy. The play between the warm amber and the cool sculptural silver is also a celebration of the two materials. A petal of silver laps up from the band and curves around the amber stone.
When Poul Havgaard joined Lapponia in 1973 his goal was to create jewelry made of elements that communicate with each other. In many of his pieces he used amber and silver to create tension by letting those two forms collide. Havgaard was also interested in the culture of adorning oneself for another and he believed that jewelry is an expression of desire.Sterling silver and amber, excellent unworn condition, Lapponia hallmark, size 7.25.
- Bjorn Weckstrom "Bethlehem Steel" Flame Bronze Necklace$890.00
- Bjorn Weckstrom "Starfighter" Flame Bronze Necklace$860.00
- Crystal Pendant by Jorma Laine$780.00
- Jorma Laine Architectural Bronze Necklace$175.00
- Jorma Laine Modernist Bronze Pendant$310.00
- Jorma Laine Oversized "Machine" Necklace$254.00
- Pentti Sarpaneva Bronze "Tree" Pendant$176.00
- Pentti Sarpaneva Gilt Bronze Necklace$156.00
- Pentti Sarpaneva Huge Kinetic Pendant$296.00
- Pentti Sarpaneva Kinetic Bronze Pendant$210.00
- Salovaara Topaz Pendant$245.00
- Studio Else & Paul Sterling Pendant$360.00